Friday, July 31, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
I always believe that family education is more important than schooling. And, a stable relationship between the parents can ease any situation when it comes to a parenting difficulty. Carl's educational law gives me some ideas of patience and persistence in pre-child education. And, I can't wait to test it by myself when I'm pregnant, ha!
There's one thing puzzle me from Carl's education law is, how do we apply some of his rules into the 21st babies in this Technology-era? Hmm, I guess LOVE is the answer. Well, this is one of the books that I highly recommend to all my lovely friends - dad and mom!
Posted by Eunice,Dolphin in Tahiti at 3:27 PM
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
No matter the drawing is good or not? , but we're always appreciated their "works" ! ^^
Drawing is part of their play games too...
Wishing all children enjoy their drawing too ...
more Eu Kuan Seng 's arts photos at;
Who inspired me :KARL WETER'S EDUCATIONAL LAW :
Monday, July 27, 2009
1. Gather your materials. You will need some cardboard ( I am using a cereal box) , some card stock, permanent double stick tape,scissors, a hole punch, eyelets and an eyelet setter. Oh and a fun shoe lace. I let my son pick this out at the store, it's thick so it's won't fall our of the holes easily.
2.Cut your cardboard to a size the will be easy for your child to handle, the older the child the bigger it can be.
3. Cover it with a large piece of cardstock ,(i used laminate) the same way you would wrap a present. This way there are no sharp edges they can play with.
4. Draw and cut out your initial or shape in a contrasting color and using the permanent double stick tape tape it on.
5.Punch some hole around the shape. I messed mine up but ultimately even if they aren't spaced perfectly it's ok, they will still lace just as well.
6.Add your eyelets.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
我当时还不清楚他说些什么，直到他示范一次给我看后，我才恍然大悟！你看下图就明白了 >_< 哈哈~
我们做大人的常常都会忽略掉孩子一颗 “细腻的心” :P
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
1.Use marker to draw fishes shape .
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
Are your kids bored and looking for"something to do?"Actually outdoor activities and projects to get you and your kids closer to Nature,as children get older more socially active,it becomes harder to come up with stimulating outdoor activities that appeal to them and allow them to connect with the whole family.It's often easy to get your children outside when they're very young.
- Back to Basics: Reconnecting with twists on traditional games and activities
- Making the Ordinary Extraordinary: Picnics, doing homework outdoors, and socializing opportunities outdoors
- Outdoor Adventures: Canoeing, biking, and camping
- Environmental Experiments: Ways to explore how nature works.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Every week i will arrange 2 hours lesson for my son ,Kuan Seng.
Last week , our learning area is Social Studies . Things prepared before start our homeschooling lesson are a globe , a map and some book regarding Oceans. First, i asked son what he knows about oceans.Then ask what he'd like to know more about (try to keep record of this list and answer his question as you study this book) Tell him that this book is about Oceans . Show a globe to him and ask Question : How much water is there? Look at world map together .Ask child --Is there more land or more water in the world ? Most of the planet is covered by water. In fact 70% of planet earth is water leaving us 30% land. ( Find out from a map and globe ) We also do it in the previous geography lesson.Discuss how the five oceans run /join together. The five oceans: Antarctic Atlantic Indian Pacific Arctic * Note ;different sources present a different opinion on the numbers of oceans . Some sources leave the Antarctic off of the list. Learning area for Art Expression: My son decided to do something he never do. He using poster color to do his drawing . --Wonderful Oceans ! by Son ,Eu Kuan Seng
materials for expressive arts:
2 cups, a box of poster color, different sizes of brush, plate, newspaper,A3 size paper