Tuesday, March 23, 2010
How do you choose story books?
a) Age level appropriateness
* language and words used -simple
* easily understanding
* familiar to experiences of child
* pictures--big,clear and colourful for younger children
* lots of action
* building to climax,some suspense
* problem solving, decision making
* conclusion satisfying
* silly words
* suprise endings
* direct quotes
* children can participated by
>Repeated phrase ,rhyming words
* appropriate for today's children .
* the value from those old days to pass down to today's children .
* six-step approaches
* truth in the story
e) Storyteller's enthusiasm
* the storyteller should be enthusiasm in doing so .